Enquiry / Booking MOT Training Form
To Become an MOT Manager [AEDM]
- What position does the candidate hold in the business?
- They MUST be one of the following: Owner, Director or Named Business Partner
- Candidate does not need any technical experience or qualifications
- Candidate requires to have a DBS Certificate
To Become an MOT Tester
- Does the candidate have a minimum of 4 years full time employment repairing and servicing vehicles?
- Does the candidate hold a full valid UK Driving Licence?
- Does the candidate have a level 3 or equivalent qualification in automotive with an original hardcopy certificate?
- Candidate requires to have a DBS Certificate, dated within 3 months of the VT8
- If the answer to question 3 is NO, then the candidate will need to attend and pass the LVI [Light Vehicle Inspection] or VTAA [Vehicle Technician Accredited Assessment]
Light Vehicle Inspection / Vehicle Technician Accredited Assessment – Minimum skills required to pass the practical assessments
These are just examples of tasks that maybe required in the practical assessments.
Emission Tests – Can you perform an emission test, evaluate the information for successful fault diagnosis?
Electrical Inspection – Can you set up and use and Multimeter and understand the information this tool provides you from the vehicle for a successful fault diagnosis?
Braking Inspection – Can you carry out a successful and accurate brake inspection incorporating using a DTI gauge and a micrometer and other brake measurement tools to complete a detailed brake report?
Steering and Suspension – Can you successfully identify steering and suspension components and related faults for an accurate report?
Vehicle Appraisal – Conduct a vehicle safety check and product a detailed report on the condition of the vehicle?
- 2 online multiple choice exams